Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love

Satan in the flesh said to one of my children, "There is no way your mother could truly love you.  She has ten children.  She cannot spread her love amongst them all."

What Satan doesn't understand and cannot understand is "love."

On the contrary, Satan.  It is precisely BECAUSE I have ten children that I have learned how to spread love even more.  My love does not diminish due to having ten children.  It multiplies exponentially.

And precisely because I have the Love of Jesus, I can spread that love even further than just to my children.  I can love others besides my immediate family.  I can nearly burst for my love and desire for others to come to know the Jesus that I know and love.

And that is why it pains me so much when those whom I love do not seem to love my Jesus.

And that is why I pray daily for them to come to Him.

"And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13


1 Comments:

  • At December 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Anonymous Moma said…

    When pregnant with my second, I asked a dear woman who worked for me, "How can I love a second as much as I love this first one?" She replied, "Love stretches."
    Yes, it does. Precious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home