Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Baby Catcher




Baby Catcher was one of a stack of books I received for my birthday. I just finished reading it today at the pool What a terrible place to be when finishing an absolutely unbelievable book! What will people think when they see me crying in public???

I laughed, I cried, I chuckled, I grinned. I nodded my head during some of the birth stories... Yep, seen that before. Yep, that's what happens next. While author Peggy Vincent lives in the Bay Area of San Francisco, and doesn't usually experience snow, she does deal with other weather problems, like deluges and even earthquakes. So while she described heading out to a birth in a storm so fierce that she could barely see the road in front of her, I can just remember the snow storms that I've ventured into.

Peggy also talks about wanting to help women but having her hands tied due to hospital policies or unaccepted practices. Again, I can totally relate to her frustrations. Frustrations of knowing that a woman knows what she needs to do to birth that particular baby, but she's being told she may not. And even a story at the end of the book when something was done to a woman against her wishes. Big sigh.... all too familiar.

I have to say that this book is right now one of my ALL time favorites!! I can't find the words to express how deeply I *feel* what Peggy Vincent captured. I am so thankful that she took the time to write it. Amazing!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home