5yo comments
So, she's not 4 anymore, but she hasn't stopped with the comments.
We are reading. Well, actually, she's reading to me from an early reader book. I decide to take the opportunity to show her a few things about the mechanics of the sentence. I point out that the He is capitalized, and explain why. "yes, that's interesting," she says. And I talk about how the letters at the beginning of each sentence are capitalized. Then I move to the end of the sentence and point to the dot. I begin "Do you see the dot at the end of the sentence?" To which she replies, "yes, that's called punctuation." what? I can't believe she already knows the word!!?? That's what I get for sitting her down in front of educational DVDs... Maybe I should buy some of those Teaching Company DVDs. Then she'll know everything by the time she's 10.
We are reading. Well, actually, she's reading to me from an early reader book. I decide to take the opportunity to show her a few things about the mechanics of the sentence. I point out that the He is capitalized, and explain why. "yes, that's interesting," she says. And I talk about how the letters at the beginning of each sentence are capitalized. Then I move to the end of the sentence and point to the dot. I begin "Do you see the dot at the end of the sentence?" To which she replies, "yes, that's called punctuation." what? I can't believe she already knows the word!!?? That's what I get for sitting her down in front of educational DVDs... Maybe I should buy some of those Teaching Company DVDs. Then she'll know everything by the time she's 10.
Labels: Children

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home