My New Victorio
I visited a friend a few weeks ago. When I walked into her home, she was busily producing vats of applesauce. It was glorious! I watched with wonder. I offered to help but was told "it's messy. You can just sit over there and talk to me." After a bit, I did jump in. Not much though. but I knew then that I MUST own one of these things. So, I came home and did my web search.
And now I'm the proud owner of a Victorio Food Strainer. Yesterday my children and I made our own vats of applesauce. We are sold! and we plan to eat applesauce for Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, and the next and the next and the next. You see, I don't yet own a canner.
And now I'm the proud owner of a Victorio Food Strainer. Yesterday my children and I made our own vats of applesauce. We are sold! and we plan to eat applesauce for Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, and the next and the next and the next. You see, I don't yet own a canner.

1 Comments:
At December 1, 2008 at 12:26 PM,
Carol in Oregon said…
Oh yay! I first "met" a saucer over ten years ago. One family owned it and shared it with the entire church (which was smaller then).
Since then, I've gotten my own and sauce apples every year. It's pretty slick, isn't it?
Post a Comment
<< Home