Sadness and Hope
This morning I was awakened with some sad news.
Then as I was walking, I was blessed to witness the sun rising. And I was reminded of God's goodness, His mercy, His promise of new beginnings, of the Resurrection, of His protection. And I was restored.
Praise God who is sovereign, who loves us and takes care of us.
And I pray for all who hurt physically and emotionally.
Then as I was walking, I was blessed to witness the sun rising. And I was reminded of God's goodness, His mercy, His promise of new beginnings, of the Resurrection, of His protection. And I was restored.
Praise God who is sovereign, who loves us and takes care of us.
And I pray for all who hurt physically and emotionally.

1 Comments:
At September 26, 2008 at 7:51 AM,
Anonymous said…
So many times a time to weep collides with the time to laugh; a time to mourn calls right after a time to dance hangs up.
A long time ago a pastor friend of ours ministered to two families. One family's teen daughter had given birth to a baby. They held the baby, kissed it, prayed for it, and then gave it to the nurse to take to the adoptive parents.
He cried with them, all sad about letting this life go to someone else, but knowing it was the right thing.
Down the hall the couple who had tried for years to conceive was thrilled, delirious with joy, holding THEIR baby that God had provided for them. The same pastor wiped his eyes, walked down the hall and praised God with them for this new life.
What a tightrope of emotions!
Post a Comment
<< Home