The Painted Veil
I watched this movie the other night. A woman marries to escape her mother, only to discover that wedded life is not as exciting as she thought. She falls into sin, is discovered, then spends a long time trying to atone for her sins. Only by pouring her life into serving others selflessly does she really understand the meaning of love. Good movie.
Labels: Movies

3 Comments:
At July 24, 2008 at 7:29 PM,
Signe said…
What about her husband? I thought it was a great story about what it takes to have a true love. They both had to die to themselves.
At July 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM,
Noel said…
Yes, you're right! I should comment sooner after I've seen a movie, rather than later.
At July 29, 2008 at 5:56 PM,
Dana in Georgia said…
I enjoyed this one, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home