Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bella

I climbed into bed last night quite tired from a full day. Bella had just arrived from Netflix, and I figured a good mindless movie ought to help put me to sleep. Dh kinda grunted when I told him that I had a "chick flick" to watch. He would just read... The movie started, and not too far into it, dh put down his book and began watching. Needless to say, I did not fall asleep. Ds#4 walked in about 3/4 through the movie, stood watching for a minute, then pulled up a chair. The Christian theme, the emotions, all the words not spoken, the support of family, the celebration... When the movie was done, we wanted more explanation, so we watched "the extras." Even that was fascinating. I love a movie that makes us talk when it's over.

Here's the best line: "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."

To give credit where credit is due, I believe Dana at Hiddenart first mentioned this movie, so I put it in my Netflix queue. I wanted to go read her review but I can't find it. Perhaps she'll post that in the comments.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    Yes, wonderful pro-life movie with quality cinematography.

    Promotional mailings alerted me to the film, plus some blogger friends.

    Dont think I wrote a *real* review.

     
  • At May 27, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bella is going to the top of our queue. It's been in my "Saved" section, and I haven't been paying attention.

    Thanks for the reminder. I've only heard wonderful words about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home