Eugene
Last weekend, my husband and I traveled to Eugene, Oregon, where he had a meeting. We stayed at a lovely Bed & Breakfast. www.ariverwalkinn.com We ventured over to the Rhododendron Garden (so refreshingly humid after the dry weather of Idaho), visited the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (large Asian art exhibits) on the campus of Univ of Oregon, saw the movie Expelled (commentary on the Intelligent Design movement), and walked along the Willamette River. One evening we walked about 10 blocks to a little Thai restaurant, and on our way home we came across a percussion band playing in a parking lot with folks dancing to the beat. Unique, at least to us :-)
oh yeah, we attended dh's meetings... And most importantly, we found Trader Joes. :-)
oh yeah, we attended dh's meetings... And most importantly, we found Trader Joes. :-)

3 Comments:
At May 4, 2008 at 3:58 PM,
Donna Boucher said…
That sounds like the most wonderful weekend!
I'm so happy you had such a lovely, romantic time together!!!
At May 6, 2008 at 4:51 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Did you buy anything?
Or eat from the menu I perused at the website?
At May 6, 2008 at 5:54 AM,
Noel said…
I bought the cookbook. We had the most beautiful breakfasts, served as a 3 course meal. The first morning there was a half grapefruit at our place when we got downstairs. Then scrambled eggs with bits of vegetables in them (asparagus, zucchini) served with chunks of potatoes. And finally strawberries over pound cake with a dollop of whipped cream. The next morning we started with a plate of fresh fruit, then had whole grain french toast topped with brandied applies and Stilton cheese. I believe the recipes are in the cookbook.
Post a Comment
<< Home