Milestones
I have now attended over 100 births and caught over 50 babies. That might not seem like a lot to some, but for me, it has been mighty rewarding!
Interestingly enough, at the time I officially began this journey, I was also reading a new book. This book, The Prayer of Jabez, had hit all the Christian bookstores and was a top seller. Although I believe the point of the book was a straight forward evangelistic appeal, I read it differently. Jabez's prayer was for God to expand his boundaries and to protect him.
"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request."
1Chronicles 4:10
A very dear lady had given me the book. She's in heaven now with her savior, but I know that she daily prayed for me and my husband. I know that she prayed that God would expand our boundaries. God has answered her prayers a hundredfold.
Thanks be to God for His kindnesses!
Interestingly enough, at the time I officially began this journey, I was also reading a new book. This book, The Prayer of Jabez, had hit all the Christian bookstores and was a top seller. Although I believe the point of the book was a straight forward evangelistic appeal, I read it differently. Jabez's prayer was for God to expand his boundaries and to protect him.
"Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request."
1Chronicles 4:10
A very dear lady had given me the book. She's in heaven now with her savior, but I know that she daily prayed for me and my husband. I know that she prayed that God would expand our boundaries. God has answered her prayers a hundredfold.
Thanks be to God for His kindnesses!
Labels: Midwifery

3 Comments:
At March 10, 2008 at 12:40 PM,
Dana in Georgia said…
As David says in Psalm 16 -
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance
At March 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
Noel,
I am happy that you have reached this milestone and have been able to help so many people. May the Lord give you increase more and more, You and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth...Ps 115:14-15.
Love,
Cindy
At March 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM,
Noel said…
Thanks for the kind comments, ladies :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home