Hash Brown Casserole
6lbs frozen hash browns (I like the Southern Style)
5 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
White sauce:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic
4 cups milk
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Continue stirring with wire whisk until slightly thickened. Cool slightly.
Sitr together frozen potatoes and cheese. Set aside while you cook the white sauce. When white sauce is slightly cooled, stir in sour cream. Mix everything together. Put into a greased 5qt casserole. Bake uncovered at 350deg for 2 hrs or less if potatoes are tender.
Serves at least 14. :-)
5 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
White sauce:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic
4 cups milk
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Continue stirring with wire whisk until slightly thickened. Cool slightly.
Sitr together frozen potatoes and cheese. Set aside while you cook the white sauce. When white sauce is slightly cooled, stir in sour cream. Mix everything together. Put into a greased 5qt casserole. Bake uncovered at 350deg for 2 hrs or less if potatoes are tender.
Serves at least 14. :-)
Labels: Recipes

3 Comments:
At March 4, 2008 at 6:26 AM,
Donna Boucher said…
This looks so delicious!
How do you eat this and stay so slim?
Oh, I know. You have to share it :o)
At March 4, 2008 at 7:18 AM,
Noel said…
yes, I have to share it :-( I try to fix it when my big boys are all coming for dinner. It's a good filler.
At March 7, 2008 at 3:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
I think I might fix this for 2nd Sunday lunch this weekend! Going to the store right now :-)!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home