Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Brandy Shakes

I received a new Sunset magazine today. A recipe inside from Chef Hugo Matheson (Boulder, CO) sounds absolutely yummy! He comments that he's got some friends from Texas who contributed to this. The recipe makes "enough for 6, or 1 Texan!"

Brandy Shakes

1 qt vanilla ice cream (the best you can find) slightly softened
1 cup brandy

Put into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses.

Pretty easy, huh? He also suggests to experiment with different flavors of ice cream. I would think different brandy flavors might be interesting as well. And he comments that you might want less brandy.

Enjoy!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said…

    I have had one drink in my whole life, it was called a Golden Cadillac (or something like that). It was made of Amaretto and Ice Cream.

    It was very out of character for me to order a drink,
    but I think I was enticed by the Amaretto flavoring.
    (which I love)

     
  • At March 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I think the only ice cream drink I've ever had was a Golden Cadillac o/^ (high five to Donna)

    Maybe I'll drink several of your recipe, Noel, the next time my dh is at a retreat...hee hee...just kidding! Or, hey, maybe we could have them at our someday retreat :-)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

     
  • At March 7, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Blogger Noel said…

    Must be something about Wisconsin and Golden Cadillacs...

    Tammy, I'm planning on margaritas ;-)

     
  • At March 15, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    It seems you may have posted this recipe before you actually tasted it?

    So, have you had a chance to make/drink it?

    Thinking of buying some apricot brandy...

     
  • At March 15, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Blogger Noel said…

    Nope, I've not tried it. I just thought it sounded easy and delicious. I do like Kahlua poured on Breyer's vanilla ice cream.

    Let me know how it is with that apricot brandy.

     
  • At March 31, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    Had company on Sunday evening...and served soup, cheese toast, wine. Dessert?

    Apricot Brandy *Shakes*!

    Thanks for the recipe :)

     
  • At May 6, 2008 at 5:01 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    Tried this with Breyer's Chocolate and Creme de Menthe over the weekend.

    Very easy dessert becomes elegant when served in Waterford Sherbet glasses.

    So, have you had a *Shake* yet?

     
  • At May 6, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Blogger Noel said…

    No, not tried it. Did your guests like it in their Waterford cherbet glasses?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home