Friday's Menu
Good Friday - definitely a day to be thankful for, a bittersweet situation. Many fast on that day. I don't know if we should and I'm not gonna think about the theological issues of that. So last night we enjoyed a feast after the Good Friday service.
Roasted Leg of Lamb
Sauted Asparagus
Steamed Carrots
Tortelini drizzled with olive oil
Fresh Buttermilk Biscuits
wine
Roasted Leg of Lamb
Sauted Asparagus
Steamed Carrots
Tortelini drizzled with olive oil
Fresh Buttermilk Biscuits
wine

10 Comments:
At March 22, 2008 at 1:08 PM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Only seven at my dinner table.....I'll bet you're setting the table for seventeen or more!
At March 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM,
Noel said…
Last count was 23, but I guess we'll see who shows up.
At March 22, 2008 at 5:17 PM,
Noel said…
looks like the count is increasing...
At March 23, 2008 at 3:15 PM,
Noel said…
final tally - 26 :-) We had a blast! and ate way too much :-)
At March 24, 2008 at 4:58 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Now I reallly am curious....did you have a ham, too? Or did you roast *many* legs of lamb?
At March 24, 2008 at 6:24 AM,
Noel said…
Oops, sorry for the confusion. That menu was for Good Friday dinner. We had 26 on Easter morning for brunch. Different meal :-)
At March 24, 2008 at 8:06 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Well, I see the title now....I guess I didnt read carefully :(
So, how many were there for Good Friday dinner?
At March 24, 2008 at 8:14 AM,
Noel said…
Yeah, I jumped topics in the middle of the comments. Sorry. Good Friday meal we had merely 10. L&J went on a camping trip, so they didn't come. And my semi-boneless leg of lamb was about 5lbs.
At March 24, 2008 at 12:16 PM,
Anonymous said…
The question now is how you topped Good Friday's dinner with Easter's meal? Prime rib? Veal?
At March 24, 2008 at 12:45 PM,
Noel said…
For Easter brunch, we had Grits, Egg Casseroles, Hash Brown Casserole, fruit salad, and lots of sweet breads. But best of all was the sweet fellowship!
I guess I sort of messed up with my celebrating, but Easter brunch was planned prior to my planning of Good Friday's meal. Realizing that I had missed the lamb, I just threw it in there ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home