Sara's Chipotle Hummus
4 cups cooked chickpeas
1 chipotle pepper (though sometimes I use 2 :-))
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup olive oil
Put top ingredients into food processor and blend. Slowly add olive oil.
Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or any cracker or bread. It's lovely topped with some feta and maybe some sliced olives.
1 chipotle pepper (though sometimes I use 2 :-))
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup olive oil
Put top ingredients into food processor and blend. Slowly add olive oil.
Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or any cracker or bread. It's lovely topped with some feta and maybe some sliced olives.
Labels: Recipes

6 Comments:
At May 12, 2008 at 7:56 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Planning a reception menu for Sunday after PJJ's graduation and this looks like a tasty possibility :)
At May 12, 2008 at 9:03 AM,
Noel said…
We didn't have a bit left after Sunday's guests! It's fun to fix something healthy and have even the young children get excited about it :-)
At May 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
about those chipotle peppers? are they fresh or canned?
At May 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
just read that it is a smoked jalapeno, so I'm guessing you bought them in a can?
and didnt smoke them yourself ;)
At May 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM,
Noel said…
Yes, they are canned. You can store what you don't use in a covered jar in the fridge. Actually I fixed this the other day at the last minute and didn't have any chipotles on hand. I used some chipotle sauce that I had, sorta like tabasco sauce. It worked.
At May 14, 2008 at 5:01 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Enjoyed this concoction last night with our dinner soup and salad. Actually I ended up piling my cucumber salad on top of my hummus-piled cracker and boy, was it yummy.
So, what about Emeth's veggies?
Post a Comment
<< Home