Chili and Cornbread
Tonight we had chili for supper. Yes, I know it's the end of May. but I also know that it's raining outside. I fixed the chili last week, and I reheated the leftovers for dinner tonight.
Almost perfect. I had nearly forgotten to bake the cornbread. You know the kind of cornbread baked in a hot cast iron skillet. Crispy edges. Made with buttermilk (oops, I finally ran out of the buttermilk from the wedding, so I partially substituted with plain kefir). Southern style cornbread with no sugar. Who needs the sugar when you're gonna pour sorghum syrup on top? It was so so yummy! Even my yankee-born dh loves it! I've put in an order for more sorghum for when 4 of my boys travel South this summer. It's the least they can do :-)
Almost perfect. I had nearly forgotten to bake the cornbread. You know the kind of cornbread baked in a hot cast iron skillet. Crispy edges. Made with buttermilk (oops, I finally ran out of the buttermilk from the wedding, so I partially substituted with plain kefir). Southern style cornbread with no sugar. Who needs the sugar when you're gonna pour sorghum syrup on top? It was so so yummy! Even my yankee-born dh loves it! I've put in an order for more sorghum for when 4 of my boys travel South this summer. It's the least they can do :-)
Labels: Recipes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home