The Mercy Seller
Have you ever read a book without reading the Prequel? oops. I just did this. I wanted a book to read, saw this one, picked it up, and found myself into it without having read The Illuminator. Oh well. The Mercy Seller is historical fiction, one of my favorite genres. It was harder to get into because I wasn't up on my 15th century history, but I persevered and thoroughly enjoyed it. It opened in Prague, and I could say "I've been there! I know exactly where she is!" It was fun to be able to picture in my mind precisely what the author was writing. The story is about the "heretical" practice of transcribing texts, mostly the Wycliffe bible translation. The Roman Catholic church was on a mission to annihilate anyone committing this crime. The protagonist is a young girl who has learned the art of transcription and is dedicated to the protestant cause and the struggles involved. Now I need to go back and read the prequel.
Labels: Books

2 Comments:
At July 24, 2008 at 7:26 PM,
Signe said…
Trying to catch up from your lack of blogging? Thanks for the book reviews, when I finish my pile I'll come back for more ideas.
At July 24, 2008 at 9:15 PM,
Noel said…
yeah, I go in spurts.... then I can't get the story straight. sigh...oh well, at least folks know I'm still here.
Post a Comment
<< Home