To The Tower Born
Finished reading To The Tower Born. A good book for English history and all the shenanigans that the royal familes went through for power. I was a bit confused, but mostly because I was trying to figure out who was who. Once I just read the book for the enjoyment of the immediate characters, I found it much easier to read. The story here is about the two sons of the recently deceased king (Edward IV maybe?), Edward and Richard. They've been put into the Tower of London for their "protection." Historically no one ever saw them again. And no one seems to know what happened to them. That makes for a great mystery story. So it seems that everyone in history has some speculation about the events that led up to their "capture." And the men seizing power, killing people who get in their way... people never change. Sin still abounds. And all the stories written depending on which "side" you're on. Good speculations in this story. Lots of twists and turns. Always watch your back...
English history can be so confusing. Everyone seems to have the same name. And the interconnections with the "royalty" all over Europe doesn't help to clarify anything. For instance, the name Elizabeth. It's easy to know who Elizabeth II is. But there are so many Elizabeths throughout the history. In To The Tower Born, there's Elizabeth, the mother, and Elizabeth, the daughter, who later becomes the mother of Henry VIII. It would've been nice to have a family tree of all the families connected in history. The Lancasters, the Yorks, the Tudors, etc...
English history can be so confusing. Everyone seems to have the same name. And the interconnections with the "royalty" all over Europe doesn't help to clarify anything. For instance, the name Elizabeth. It's easy to know who Elizabeth II is. But there are so many Elizabeths throughout the history. In To The Tower Born, there's Elizabeth, the mother, and Elizabeth, the daughter, who later becomes the mother of Henry VIII. It would've been nice to have a family tree of all the families connected in history. The Lancasters, the Yorks, the Tudors, etc...
Labels: Books

2 Comments:
At November 12, 2008 at 4:53 PM,
Megan said…
Hey, I just finished this! It was a fun read--thanks for letting me borrow it. I've been reading the last few days when I nurse, and it makes for a better time for everybody--it keeps me from trying to rush my little guy through too fast.
At November 14, 2008 at 6:20 AM,
Noel said…
Glad you liked it! I don't need it back. Either keep it or pass it on.
Post a Comment
<< Home