Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thankfulness

I am so thankful for my life. Not just for life, but for MY life. It can be super crazy. It can be so frantic that I feel as though I'm going to fall apart. It is definitely FULL. But I can not imagine my life being any different. I can't imagine having less to do. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had fewer children, if my husband made a ton of money, if I worked 9-5 outside of the home, etc. It is totally incomprehensible to me. I love every minute of my life. (Well, okay, so maybe I don't act like I love every minute of it. And maybe there are some minutes that are not so lovable. And probably a lot of the time, I am not so lovable. But that would be because I'm not responding to everything in a Christ-like manner) But the ADD in me truly cannot imagine my life any other way. Yes, I said ADD :-) Recently, while chatting with a friend, I jumped from one subject to another, not once, but multiple times. My friend looked at my other friend sitting there and said "She's having another one of those ADD moments!" And I realized that she was correct. sigh....

So my life needs to stay crazy, frantic, and exciting just to keep my ADD mind sharp. And for that, I am thankful!

God is good. And He knows me. He knows every bit of my sinful frame. And He takes care of every little minutia of my life. He has given me what I need. He has caused us to have water issues in nearly every home we've lived. He has placed me in a very cold environment, knowing that I have a hard time with cold weather. He brought that fabulous man into my life for my husband. He has put friends into my life for my sharpening. And even when I think things look bleak, He is watching out for me and my family. For that, I am thankful!

2 Comments:

  • At November 16, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    Perhaps *flight of ideas* might be a better diagnosis?

    Sorry about the water issues; home ownership has given me a new perspective on the power of water.
    Between basement floodings and roof leakings, there were outside waterline issues and storm drainage problems. It's been a constant battle. But nothing like Noah's :)

    http://www.xanga.com/hiddenart/556236976/murphys-law.html

    Blessings on your Sabbath!

     
  • At November 17, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Blogger Carol in Oregon said…

    I love this post.

    Thank you, Noel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home