Mexican Pork Stew
If I've already posted this recipe, someone please tell me, and I'll delete it :-)
4 lb boneless pork roast, cut into bite size chunks
64 oz bottle of picante sauce
Dump into a crock pot and turn on low all day. If meat is frozen, turn on high.
In second crockpot, put 6 cups of dried pinto beans. Fill with water. Turn on high.
At dinner time, drain the beans, stir them into the meat/salsa mix. (Today I needed to add a little more water to the mix. Also, I usually use "medium" spice picante sauce, but today, to please the young ones, I used mild.
Serve with grated cheese and sour cream. I also baked cornbread. And to extend the meal, 'cause we have a few more visitors than I had planned for, I pulled out a couple bags of tortilla chips. A salad would've rounded out the meal perfectly!
4 lb boneless pork roast, cut into bite size chunks
64 oz bottle of picante sauce
Dump into a crock pot and turn on low all day. If meat is frozen, turn on high.
In second crockpot, put 6 cups of dried pinto beans. Fill with water. Turn on high.
At dinner time, drain the beans, stir them into the meat/salsa mix. (Today I needed to add a little more water to the mix. Also, I usually use "medium" spice picante sauce, but today, to please the young ones, I used mild.
Serve with grated cheese and sour cream. I also baked cornbread. And to extend the meal, 'cause we have a few more visitors than I had planned for, I pulled out a couple bags of tortilla chips. A salad would've rounded out the meal perfectly!
Labels: Recipes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home