Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Final 4yo post

This will likely be the last "cute 4yo" post, as that cute 4yo will turn 5 on Monday. Amazing!

So today, she is running all over the house...even more than usual. She comes running into the family room, drops onto the floor and starts doing push-ups (4yo style). Then I notice that she has some hand weights, and she begins lifting them in exercise. I give her a look that says "what in the world?!" She says "I've gotta exercise!" Then she runs outa the room and down the stairs. A little while later, this scenario repeats. This time, though, with my quizzical look, she says, "I've gotta stay in shape." HAHAHA, you all know what shape 4yo girls have! So I ask her why... and she says "'Cause I wanna live a long time!"

So for the life of me, I can't figure out where in the world this came from. Then this evening, I'm vacuuming the playroom, and I see the Wii Fit Board. and the light bulb goes on... On the Wii Fit, you can measure your BMI, balance, etc. and a voice reports your "healthy" age, as opposed to you real age. that MUST be where Garnett is hearing this stuff... good grief!

Wait, maybe her father told her....

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At February 7, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Blogger Claire said…

    Haha! Funny Garnet. I've been wondering the same thing about Inge lately, though. She runs compulsive laps around the house and does chin-ups on her bed, explaining breathlessly all the while that she has to exercise so she can--fill in the blank--"Be in shape, not get fat, etc." In vain do I demur; she's pretty darn convinced. I think the funniest thing of late was when I found her taking deep breaths from our oil diffuser, laboring under the delusion that it would make her strong.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home