Two New Sweaters.
Knitting and driving shouldn't mix....but sometimes it works! We all know that sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I don't recommend knitting in heavy traffic or on a road with lots of curves, but straightaways and when no one else is around seem to work fine. Also, casting on while sitting at a traffic light.... or even for a few stitches - again ONLY if there's not much traffic. And in Moscow, we don't have too much traffic most of the time.
I'm doing the proper thing and trying to work through the stash. I've done pretty well, having knitted up a few more baby hats, and am 99% done with the next sweater, all with previously purchased yarn. well done, don't you think? So, I got motivated to use up more. Yes, there's more. But trying to find the right pattern for the type of yarn, along with certain personal requirements like knitting on circulars!, can be challenging. So today I found a lovely pattern that will work with my worsted weight Lamb's Pride wool in a cornflower blue. It's a tunic sweater with a couple of cables up the front, back and sleeves. I'm converting it to circulars.... I hope this works. But also, I had to knit that swatch for gauge, and then I had to do research and math to see if the amount of yarn I had would be enough. whew! it all works! now I get to start that new project. (yes, it was the gauge swatch that I knitted today while driving...)
And because I've been inspired by a woman in our community to have more than one project going at one time, I've decided to start a child's sweater with some other yarn I had stashed. The two previous child sweaters that I knit were with chunky yarn. The yarn in my stash is worsted weight, so I had to find another pattern, or spend an eternity with my calculator. And remember that I want to work on circulars. Well, I think I've found a new pattern. It's knit from the top down on circulars. I'm so excited to start this sweater too!
I'll have to work that swatch now....measure things, etc. Maybe this time, I'll knit that swatch while at home, and not while driving.
Labels: Knitting

1 Comments:
At January 29, 2009 at 1:47 PM,
Tammy said…
You know, I don't think I even want to wrap my brain around the fact that some people drive while knitting! =:-O
I do wish you success on using up your stash! I'd like to do that with quilt making and a bunch of fabric I've inherited :-)
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
Post a Comment
<< Home