To Kill a Mockingbird
In preparation for our very long road trip, I stopped by the library to find a book on tape. To Kill a Mockingbird - 11 hours. hmmm, oughta be just right. I read the book in high school, had seen the movie, and thought to listen to this book read by Sissy Spacek would be perfect. Also, a number of the children would get to "read" the book. Dh driving, me knitting, children listening. I wasn't sure that the children would enjoy the book as much as dh and I, but at one point when ds#6 was asked if he wanted to trade and ride in the other car, he said "no way! I want to hear more of the story!" Then when dd#3 got into our car on the way home, she came along just as the long trial started. I told her that I was sorry that this was the part she had to hear, that it was probably boring to her. She said "oh no, this is very interesting!" And she's "only" eight. As dh said at the end, "I'd forgotten how much humor was in that book." So, yes, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Spacek was amazing doing the reading. And we highly recommend it.
Labels: Books

2 Comments:
At July 3, 2007 at 2:45 PM,
Tammy said…
Interesting that your kids liked this....I haven't read it since high school. I'll have to read it again sometime, maybe after I finish my reading assignment from Terry *grin*
At July 3, 2007 at 8:53 PM,
Noel said…
What is the book that Terry is making you read?
Post a Comment
<< Home