Blue Shoe
I've been hearing the name Ann LaMott for a couple years now, so I decided to try one of her books. I've heard most about Traveling Mercies, but the library didn't have it, so I checked out Blue Shoe instead. Hmmm, I don't think I can recommend it, but I still intend to read Traveling Mercies. I think LaMott can stretch me in my practical Christianity. I think some of us Christians have trouble accepting certain lifestyles. Does having "dredlocks" make you not a Christian? How about body piercings? There are a number of things that might be out of my comfort zone, but do they make someone "not a Christian?" At least LaMott makes me ponder some of those and similar things... and that is good.
Labels: Books

1 Comments:
At May 16, 2007 at 12:39 PM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Yes, I checked one out, too, but didnt really have time to read it.
I may try her again. I always save a real interesting one for CWAC.
Dana in GA
Post a Comment
<< Home