Young Dog, old tricks!
So, remember teaching your child to eat all the food on her plate? Oh perhaps you're of that school that even fed them their dinner for breakfast, if they didn't eat it in a timely fashion. Well, my 3yo has that same stubborn determination that makes for great Christian adults when channeled properly. And today, we're channeling. Yep, dinner for breakfast. She has come up with all these excuses for why she shouldn't eat it. She thinks that those excuses are brand new. Guess what, dear? Those same excuses have been around for many generations. and guess what else, dear? I WILL win this battle, because I am the parent. Sometimes one realizes that one hasn't been as diligent at training up the child. We need to work on some of those character traits. The character trait for today? obedience. It just might be a long day....
Labels: Children

2 Comments:
At March 10, 2007 at 4:24 PM,
Donna Boucher said…
Oh yikes.
I hope your day went well.
And that the food was eaten, obediently.
Those last little ones sometimes get away with so much more than their older sibs.
You're a strong woman!
At March 10, 2007 at 9:17 PM,
Noel said…
Yes, she got her breakfast eaten. And then, poor child, got to have leftovers for dinner, as dh and I had been invited out. But this time we brought out the Ranch dressing. When will we ever learn? We drizzled some dressing over the food, and she gobbled it right up.
Post a Comment
<< Home