Placentas
I recently bought an addition to my midwifery library. The Placenta: To Know Me is to Love Me. yep, sounds a bit drastic, but it's a really fascinating book! comes with a DVD so that one can view all sorts of scenarios. We had a wonderful study group at my home yesterday where we delved into the placenta in greater detail than the average woman would ever care to. My dh was in the other room, and later he commented that we were having far too much fun from the sounds of things that he could hear. We studied velamentous insertions, vasa previa, placenta cretas, when the placenta really develops, what happens when things aren't quite right, why those things occur, what are contributing factors, how and when can mishaps manifest in later pregnancy. absolutely fascinating!! We would have continued, but alas, time caught up with us and everyone had to leave. We are hoping to have another study of this at our statewide midwifery meeting in Sept. :-)
Labels: Midwifery

4 Comments:
At January 29, 2007 at 4:47 PM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Glad you're not in the habit of posting pictures.
Dana
At January 30, 2007 at 11:25 AM,
Noel said…
Perhaps that's because I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I am in the market for a pocket sized digital camera to take to births. There are some things that I'd like to get photos of without keeping the item itself. Maybe I will post pictures one day! Muhahahahaha
At February 5, 2007 at 1:44 PM,
Donna Boucher said…
Yes. I would love to see pictures.
I got a good look at my friends placenta at her last birth.
Interesting!
At February 7, 2007 at 4:13 AM,
Lucyvdb7 said…
I'd like to see photos! We had a lecture on placentas and cord insertions, and the following week I got to see velamentous insertion and a couple of weird shaped placentas... we had all the students and most midwives coming in and out of the sluice and I got to give them a guided tour of cool placentas.
Post a Comment
<< Home