Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Knitting again

I think I've lost track of how many baby hats I've knit now. That's a good thing. I love to knit them. I can do it without thinking, which is important in certain situations ;-) I can knit up a cute little hat in a few hours, and they are perfect little gifts. But I need to venture on to more challenging things, I've decided. I have nearly finished some fingerless gloves for my dd. I just need to finish the thumb gussett. I'm told that if I can knit these, then I can knit socks. Oh dear! I've heard that once you start socks, you get addicted to them. My boys want those aviator hats... I'm checking out the patterns.

I had a friend over the other day. She's a knitter, only she's far more talented than I am. But it was fun to show her my stash. way too much yarn for my time. But that color was so pretty. But there was a sale. But it's so soft... You know the story. I need to find some patterns to knit these yarns into wearable objects. I did knit a sweater, but it's kinda scary looking. I need to try another...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2007 at 7:51 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Your sweater is kind of scary looking?! LOLOL! What makes it so, Noel?

     
  • At June 2, 2007 at 6:14 PM, Blogger Noel said…

    First of all, the yarn is a mottled color. Next, the pattern is rather roomy. And finally, the sleeves are uneven. I just don't understand how that happens when you knit the same number of rows???

    You're funny, Tammy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home