White Bread - body?
While I'm venting... I've been chewing on this topic for a while. I can tend to forget about it, until I attend a church where fluffy white bread is used for the body of Christ in the Lord's Supper. What is that??? We all know that white bread is full of fluff, air, and worthless additives. Is that what I want to chew on when I'm partaking on the Lord's Day? No, thank you. I'd much rather chew on something with real substance. Good whole grain stuff...with flavor even. Something that will give me time to truly realize what Christ has done for me. Something that cannot be wadded into a sticky ball of nearly nothing. Granted, I know that God can work through the white stuff too, but I'd really rather have the REAL thing...bread the way God made it before hyper-processing.

1 Comments:
At July 3, 2007 at 2:51 PM,
Tammy said…
*sigh* IKWYM. And I don't think I've ever seen you on this soapbox *grin*
Our church uses the pre-pressed white flat thin wafers.....pathetic, I know.
There used to be someone who made a special bread and cut it into small portions which was a bit more real.
My favorite was when we had an informal communion service on New Year's Eve one year and passed a loaf of bread around which we tore a piece of break off to eat and passed around one glass of grape juice (I don't think it was wine?) to take a sip from.
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
Post a Comment
<< Home