Let Birth be Born Again
I'm in the middle of this book by Jean Sutton. Jean is a midwife in either Australia or New Zealand. She's amazing as she describes all these long-lost techniques and observations that help babies be born. Different methods to help presentations that otherwise, in most of our industrialized world, would end in caesareans. She describes all the different pelvis shapes and then explains what positions the mom needs to labor in according to her pelvis. Jean dispels certain myths that I've heard for a long time about baby positions. She's fabulous. I need visuals, though, to completely understand what she's saying. I wonder if I could get ds, who's computer-savvy and artistic, to fix me up with some computer generated birthings....
I think I will be reading and re-reading this one. It's a keeper!!
I think I will be reading and re-reading this one. It's a keeper!!
Labels: Books

1 Comments:
At May 16, 2007 at 7:24 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Medical illustration is indeed a worthwhile vocation....as in I think one can make a living at it! ;)
Once I remember taking a daughter to a birthday party and in the mother's den was a large poster of an uterus! I was somewhat embarassed as the children were elementary age. Come to find out that she was in fact a medical illustrator!
Dana in GA
PS I guess you got a big kick out of my trying to find my way around KC! It brought back memories of Europe 1978.
Post a Comment
<< Home