Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Time Traveler's Wife

I just finished reading this book. interesting. It's about a man who jumps in time, past and future. He develops a relationship with the young lady who will be his wife in the future, though he can't tell her that. So he meets her as an older man - older than he will be when he actually meets her in the present. She must wait to meet him in the present, so she can't talk about him to her friends or family - he's just her "make-believe" friend. And even when they do meet, he disappears for sometimes minutes, but can be gone for days. Of course, there's a scientific explanation for it all, hahaha. I can't imagine writing the scenes....it's so convoluted. It actually took me a while to be able to get my mind wrapped around the various scenarios. He can be an age in the present but travel to a time in the past when he's actually older and in the future. did you get that? weird, huh? Also, it's rather pagan....nothing Christian about it. I suppose those who are good at literary analysis might find some Christian aspects. On the other hand, it was a bit intriguing, so I kept reading. But it's done now. and I have no desire to read any sort of sequel ;-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home