Sunday worship
God's wants us to worship Him every Lord's Day. He does not say "worship me if it's convenient for you to do so." So for those people who travel on Sunday and miss the worship service, where does that put God on their priority list? I'm sure there are lots of excuses... "there were no planes for later in the day" or "I just had to get back before Monday, so I had to travel on Sunday, so I had to miss worship" (does that mean that whatever is calling you on Monday is much more important than making it for worship on Sunday?) and I'm sure there are more. But again, is your excursion more important than God? I'm having a hard time fathoming this one. And the Christian school who schedules events so that the students can't seem to make it to church due to travel? What does that say to the students? It says "worship is not so important that we need to schedule around it."
Folks, Christianity is doomed in America if this is what we're teaching our children. Priorities.... As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.... We don't just serve Him when it's convenient, when the plane schedules work in our favor, etc. We must rearrange our travel and other activities around worship, not the other way around. May God help us!
Folks, Christianity is doomed in America if this is what we're teaching our children. Priorities.... As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.... We don't just serve Him when it's convenient, when the plane schedules work in our favor, etc. We must rearrange our travel and other activities around worship, not the other way around. May God help us!

3 Comments:
At March 13, 2005 at 12:41 PM,
Donna Boucher said…
Been thinking about what you said.
Since I am the one in the family who likes to go to church...I sometimes have to go by myself (or with the children alone)
Sometimes I wonder to myself if it is better to stay home with hubby or go off by myself.
Your post helps me to decide which would be more pleasing to God.
(My going to church is not going against my husband's wishes)
At March 14, 2005 at 10:38 AM,
Noel said…
Glad I made you think, Donna. you make me think alot on your blog :-)
At May 23, 2005 at 4:23 AM,
Kerry said…
Just what Steve & I were discussing this weekend...most Christians serve (or worship) God when it fits "their schedule". Can't wait to hear his sermon on this next weekend.
Post a Comment
<< Home