Miss Julia series
I thought I'd write about some of the books I've read in the last year. I'll start with the Miss Julia series. The author is Ann Ross. It's a saga about small town life in NC (kinda reminds one of the Mitford series). She's a widow who experiences and reflects on her life up til now..... It's full of little Southern "courtesies" etc. humorous, yet at the same time sometimes I just wanted to shake her for her stupidity and say "duh" There are 4 books. First is Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind, then Miss Julia Takes Over, Miss Julia Throws a Wedding, and finally Miss Julia Hits the Road. I did occasionally chuckle out loud, so that warrants a few extra points.
Labels: Books

2 Comments:
At January 13, 2005 at 11:52 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
Miss Julia is fun reading. I enjoyed the first two last summer. Now seems like a good time to pick up the next two.
BTW Have you read Queen Bee of Mimosa Branch by Haywood Smith (atlanta native)? Hilarious! She has also written The Red Hat Club.
I have wondered if you like Miss Read? about the English school teacher. Charming and Mitford-like.
At January 14, 2005 at 4:24 PM,
Noel said…
Yes, I've read a couple of Miss Read books, on loan from Cynthia. They were enjoyable. I was able to understand some of the subtleties, having lived in England. I should try to find those other books that you mention. Thanks for the tips.
Post a Comment
<< Home