Thanksgiving 2004
Each year we invite others to enjoy our Thanksgiving Dinner with us, folks that may not have any family around or may be displaced for some reason. Yet this year, our invitees were unexpectedly called away to a funeral. I was frantically trying to find someone who had nowhere to go so that we could still enjoy our meal by reaching out. Okay, so I didn't go so far as all the highways and byways. And providentially my husband asked a young couple who have now responded yes. So we will have two young couples, one with two small children, to enjoy our feast. For that, I am so thankful!
Our feast will be enjoyed around our brand new table that friends in California made for us. God is so good...providing for all our needs. For that, I am thankful!
Our table will be spread with an abundance of delicious food that my daughters and I have prepared. For that, I am thankful!
Our oldest son and his young bride live far away. They have been invited to my in-laws' house for Thanksgiving, and so will not be alone for their first Thanksgiving away from here. For that, I am thankful!
God has blessed my husband and me with an abundance of children who love the Lord. For that, I am thankful!
Our feast will be enjoyed around our brand new table that friends in California made for us. God is so good...providing for all our needs. For that, I am thankful!
Our table will be spread with an abundance of delicious food that my daughters and I have prepared. For that, I am thankful!
Our oldest son and his young bride live far away. They have been invited to my in-laws' house for Thanksgiving, and so will not be alone for their first Thanksgiving away from here. For that, I am thankful!
God has blessed my husband and me with an abundance of children who love the Lord. For that, I am thankful!

5 Comments:
At November 24, 2004 at 9:22 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
How wonderful to enjoy a Thanksgiving feast around your new dining room table. Sooner or later, I will buy a digitable camera and learn how to post pictures. Do you know how to do that already?
At November 24, 2004 at 10:10 PM,
Noel said…
I don't have a digital camera yet either, but it is definitely on my list. So I suppose I'll have to learn to post the pictures once I have the camera.
Enjoy your day tomorrow with all your family!!
At November 26, 2004 at 9:15 AM,
Donna Boucher said…
Hi Noel,
Dana just sent me the link to your blog! I am looking forward to getting to know more about you and your big happy family.
So you have a married child already. My oldest is 22 and is a late bloomer when it comes to dating. (I wonder if having him read 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' was a good thing)
I will be glad to share what I know about posting photos and links when you are ready to add those features. Blogging is such a fun way to keep in touch with family! And make new friends :o)
Blessings,
Donna
At November 26, 2004 at 12:49 PM,
Noel said…
Hey, Donna! I wouldn't worry about your son being "late." Maybe he just needs to get some more of life under his belt before taking on a wife, etc. That can be a good thing. I'll take you up on the helps when I get that camera....bidding on ebay even as I write.
At November 28, 2004 at 6:12 AM,
Donna Boucher said…
Happy 23rd Anniversary Noel! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home