Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Dinner guests and menus

We're having guests for dinner. The menu is cinnamon-lime chicken fajitas, spring greens salad, chips with homemade picante sauce. She's bringing a majorly chocolate dessert that she's famous for.

Sunday is more guests, and the menu is Thai. I'm fixing a Thai Chicken that's got green curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk, jalapenos. I'll cook basmati brown rice. One guest is bringing a Thai cabbage salad. Another is bringing garlic sauted green beans. I'm fixing Key lime pie for dessert (Thai food often has lime in it, so I though this would be a good ending.)

3 Comments:

  • At February 18, 2005 at 9:39 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    Sounds delicious! My Margaret prepared a Thai dish for an international dinner at school last year, so I have some fish sauce in the 'fridge.
    You might also be surprised to learn that there is a Thai Diner in Vinings, that we have enjoyed.
    The last time I was involved with a supper club was in 1989-90. I missed the last dinner because it was on 1/5/1990. That's the day PJJ was born, in case the memory is lax. But one day I hope to be able to do that again, having an international theme.

     
  • At February 20, 2005 at 6:08 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said…

    Oh my goodness! What an amazing menu! Just the thought of going out to buy fish sauce is intimadating!
    I adore Key lime pie!

    I am looking for a nice curry chicken salad recipe...with little raisins and almonds (like the one I had at Whole Foods :o)

    Have a wonderful tasty weekend!
    Donna

     
  • At May 7, 2005 at 12:06 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I realise this post is almost history but I have dinner guests tommorow (a family of 8) and I am trying not to be intimidated by your adventurous menu - we'll prob. have shepherd's pie.... You've inspired me though - I'll make pecan pie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home