Birth
Birth is miraculous! It is truly amazing. A laboring woman is a beauty to behold, working with her body, following its rhythm, knowing instinctively what to do. And finally, the baby emerges and the mother's expression changes from concentration to one of bliss and exhiliration as she realizes what she has accomplished. And then that baby! perfectly formed in the image of God, yet carrying features that are identified with earthly family. The tiny hands and feet, the exquisitely formed ears, the little chin which sometimes carries a cute dimple. God is a God of wonders, creating this baby inside the mother, knitting each part together in a miraculous way! Praise be to God!
Labels: Midwifery

3 Comments:
At April 30, 2005 at 3:29 PM,
Donna Boucher said…
This is lovely....
I have missed you.
Glad you're back :o)
At May 3, 2005 at 9:07 AM,
Lucyvdb7 said…
Hey, nice to see you have a blog... I shall be checking back regularly!! It looks great, from what I've read just now.
Lucyvdb7
At May 7, 2005 at 12:00 AM,
Tracy said…
I never considered what it must look like from the outside - only have my own subjective experience to go on - I shall try and think about this in July! I have to say I am looking forward to the exhilaration bit!
Tracy
Post a Comment
<< Home