Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Knitting


It's been a while.... I've taken a break from reading all those books. Whatever I do, I seem to do it in chunks. I read a "chunk" of books, but it's time to move on. So for now, I've been knitting. And it's rather difficult to knit and read at the same time, though I'm sure there's someone out there who can. Probably the best would be to listen to a book-on-tape while knitting. Now that would be a good use of my time! So for now, I've been knitting. oh, I said that ;-) I'm knitting "Button-hole Bags." They're fun, fast, and useful as gifts. I used to knit only baby afghans, but I knew that I needed to branch out. I've done the occasional baby sweater, and even knitted a bootie. I've got to knit the other foot sometime... But for now, it's button-hole bags. They take only about 8 hrs to knit up. They are made of wool and are then "felted." I'm so excited with the results. I noticed yesterday that a little shop in town sells them for $80!!!! But after today I must put down my knitting needles and pick up my studies for at least another week. I've got an BIG exam to take next week. After the exam, perhaps I'll buy some lovely red wool for another felting project....hmmmmmmm

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2005 at 5:38 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said…

    Hi Noel!

    I am so happy you are enjoying the buttonhole bag process! It's a great little project!

    So you say $80. huh...I guess mine are a steal!

    I sure wish I could see the colors you have chosen. What kind of yarn are you using?

    Mittens are a great project too!
    You know all of the 'stitches'.

    Have you felted them yet?

    Donna

     
  • At August 13, 2005 at 5:32 AM, Blogger Dana in Georgia said…

    Hi Noel!
    Hope the exam goes well. No doubt in my mind that you will pass with flying colors.
    BTW Max Gaston died 8/11. I am headed to his funeral today.
    Love, Dana

     
  • At August 15, 2005 at 4:54 PM, Blogger Noel said…

    Donna, I ordered my yarn from Kaleidoscope in Vermont. I'm gonna take some digital pics of before and after felting. I'll get one of my boys to show my how to post them. Colors are turquoise, hot pink, lime green, etc. I'm using that Lamb's Pride wool. It's so much fun!!

     
  • At August 15, 2005 at 4:56 PM, Blogger Noel said…

    Dana, sorry to hear about Max. I don't know which day y'all post on, since this is the first my post has even shown up for me. How's Sara doing without Max? Bless her heart. Thanks for the well wishes for my exam. I appreciate all the prayers!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home