Knitting knots
After 2 starts and 2 ripping outs, I'm nearly ready to abandon these socks. I thought socks were supposed to be fun to knit. Perhaps I've started on the wrong type, size, needles, or whatever. It was suggested to me to use 2 circulars. Since I love knitting on circulars, I thought this would be fun. NOT. I'm ready to return my 0 or 1 circulars and trade them in for double-pointed needles. I'm ready to start with sport weight yarn, instead of finger weight. At least then I could probably SEE the yarn.
And I'm unknitting my red sweater. The neck opening was too small. I bound off loosely even. But maybe my children's heads are bigger than average. So, I'm going backwards with my knitting. I've taken out the bind off, and unknit nearly 3 more rows. This is definitely going more slowly than the other direction.
On a more positive note, I'm waiting for my Lopi wool. My goal is to get 4 aviator hats knitted before Christmas. I hope I can do this.... No, I didn't wait until the last minute. I was asked a little late in the game. But like I posted before, I'm addicted to knitting, so this is fun!
And I'm unknitting my red sweater. The neck opening was too small. I bound off loosely even. But maybe my children's heads are bigger than average. So, I'm going backwards with my knitting. I've taken out the bind off, and unknit nearly 3 more rows. This is definitely going more slowly than the other direction.
On a more positive note, I'm waiting for my Lopi wool. My goal is to get 4 aviator hats knitted before Christmas. I hope I can do this.... No, I didn't wait until the last minute. I was asked a little late in the game. But like I posted before, I'm addicted to knitting, so this is fun!
Labels: Knitting

1 Comments:
At November 22, 2007 at 6:21 PM,
Tammy said…
And I always thought knitting was a great stress reliever...but if you are ripping out and starting over and switching needles perhaps it is stress inducing? Hope you get all your projects done in time, Noel!
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
Post a Comment
<< Home