The County
Last Saturday my 3 daughters and I ventured down to The County. yep, that's what those who live there call it. The County. And even though The County is south of here, it's higher in elevation. So that must be why these folks always refer to going "up" to The County. But first we must go down the Lewiston Grade, dropping at least 1000ft to the confluence of the Clearwater and Snake Rivers. Then we climb up the other side through Asotin. At that point we drive a long way on flat lands...must be a plateau ;-) Finally we get to some trees....then go down down down a winding, curving grade called the Rattlesnake. I had the car in 2nd gear and it was none too slow. Daughter #1 did comment that her fiance does not drive that slow... Down to the bottom, where there is one house and one cafe. Then back up the other side just as winding. We left daughter #4 at home 'cause she tends to carsickness, and I was sure glad we did! We hit the top, and had a beautiful drive through NE Oregon....
We went to The County for a lovely bridal shower put on by the ladies in dd's fiance's church. It was a delight to meet the wonderful women, and to see where his family lives. The County is a beautiful place.
We went to The County for a lovely bridal shower put on by the ladies in dd's fiance's church. It was a delight to meet the wonderful women, and to see where his family lives. The County is a beautiful place.

1 Comments:
At November 2, 2007 at 9:01 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
A "picture is worth a thousand words" but I think I get the idea :)
Saw lots of comments about how lovely the shower was. Such fun!
I detect that y'all are enjoying these festivities as much as we did ours.
Post a Comment
<< Home