Birth thoughts
Does it ever get old? Not yet. I was with a laboring mom yesterday and pondering the repetitiveness of birth. I help these ladies, and they do the same thing over and over again. Yesterday I was hauling bucket after bucket of cold water out of the birthing pool, then filling it again with pot after pot of boiling water. (An issue with the folks' hot water heater) I suppose I could've likened it to hauling water from the creek, huh? But was it drudgery? No. It was in anticipation. There's a lot of yucky stuff that happens. Some moms need more emotional support than others. Eventually we are all rewarded with the beauty of a baby emerging. I had two helpers with me yesterday, so we were able to take turns with the work of the water and with supporting mom, emotionally and physically. I'm thankful for assistants. :-) Birth is beautiful. God is glorified. I am happy.
Labels: Midwifery

2 Comments:
At November 22, 2007 at 6:22 PM,
Tammy said…
Birth is beautiful :-)
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
At December 8, 2007 at 2:03 PM,
Carol in Oregon said…
I'm so thankful for your skills and abilities, and your willingness to share them with the mommas who live near you.
I reset my Google password so I can comment on your blog! (At least today - I may have forgotten how to sign in by next week).
Thanks for everything, my friend.
Carol
Post a Comment
<< Home