2 Babies
Two babies born in one day. Whew! I got called out at 3am. Arrived to find the mom working hard. She was happy to get into the birth pool when I arrived. Baby was born at 5:07am. We all thought she was having a girl, and were greatly surprised when a baby boy popped out! 5 minutes before the birth, literally, another dad called to say his wife was in labor....that she was working hard, but not too far in the process yet. BUT this was their third, so things could change quickly. I was able to leave the first mom a little after 6am, with two other ladies still attending her for the last minute details, like cleaning things up and getting her to bed with her new baby. Got to the other house. This mom was also working hard. Dad couldn't help her much because their 2nd child had been vomiting with the stomach flu. Fortunately grandpa had just come to collect the sick child and older brother. Now we could focus on mom. We had to set up the birth pool and fill it. Finally able to get into the pool, the mom settled into a nice laboring pattern. She delivered her baby at noon. Again, a boy. Again we all thought girl. Two baby boys with no names, since both sets of parents thought they were having girls. LOLOL
Two babies
Two waterbirths
Two boys
Two beautiful gifts from God!!
Two babies
Two waterbirths
Two boys
Two beautiful gifts from God!!
Labels: Midwifery

3 Comments:
At March 23, 2006 at 4:01 AM,
Dana in Georgia said…
“Here is a little mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost, since it is abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mothers heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, to her most tender cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!”
~ Elizabeth Prentiss’ Stepping Heavenward
At March 24, 2006 at 7:56 PM,
Noel said…
Beautiful quote, Dana!
At April 5, 2006 at 6:45 PM,
Donna Boucher said…
Oh Noel! So glad you are blogging again! I have missed you!
Thank you for sharing your exciting birth story!
Were you able to get some warm water into that quickly filled tub?
God bless your babies and their families!
Post a Comment
<< Home