Adopted For Life
Back on the treadmill. YES! But I need reading material. I have a HUGE stack of books next to my bed. It used to reside on my night table, but the pile got too big, so now it sits on the floor. sigh... But I digress.
As I read through Adopted For Life by Russell Moore, I want to write down things that hit me. Moore and his wife adopted two boys from Russia, and this is the book that came from Moore's thoughts. He continues to draw the correlations between adopting in society and our adoption into the family of Christ. How God has adopted us regardless of our past, our lineage, our gifts, etc. How we are all "brothers" and thus related. REALLY brothers. Moore's story is a defense of the priority that adoption should take in our lives, personally and church-wide.
I plan to add quotes as I read.
"Our adoption means, though, that we find a different kind of unity. In Christ, we find Christ. We don't have our old identities based on race or class or life situation.... When we find our identity anywhere other than Christ, our churches will be made up of warring partisans rather than loving siblings. and we'll picture to the world an autopsied Body of Christ, with a little bit of Jesus for everyone, all on our own terms." page 38
Labels: Books

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home