Fruitful Vine

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table.

Monday, February 28, 2011

VBA2C

Yep, a vaginal birth after two c-sections. She was a perfect candidate, having had her first baby vaginally. At 36 wks into her 2nd pregnancy, her doctor convinced her that her baby was likely 10lbs and therefore needed to come out. I don't know what he said to her. I wasn't there. The induction proceeded and failed. C-section. A few years later she was pregnant again, and agreed to a scheduled repeat c-section.

Then she moved away.

She came to our part of the world. She wanted her VBAC. No doctor would allow it. She contacted me. I believe in accountability and am now bound by the licensure laws in my state, so I could not help her in her birth journey. But I believed in her. I found a midwife who would attend her, and I was on call to assist.

And on Saturday morning, she pushed out her beautiful baby girl! Praise Him!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home