Lactation Cookies
For some of us, this isn't necessary, but maybe the cookies are good in addition to their purpose. I'll try a batch!
Lactation Cookies
A yummy way to help boost your milk supply...
1 C butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
4 T water
2 T flaxseed meal (no subs)
2 Lg eggs
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 C Thick cut oats
1 C Chocolate chips
2 T to 4T Brewers Yeast (no substitutions)1 C brown sugar
4 T water
2 T flaxseed meal (no subs)
2 Lg eggs
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 C Thick cut oats
1 C Chocolate chips
Preheat oven at 375.
Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs or vegan substitutes. Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla. Beat until well blended.
Sift: dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips. Add butter mix to dry ingredients. Stir in the oats and then the choc chips. Drop on parchment paper on baking sheet.
Bake 8-12 minutes
Labels: Recipes - Cookies

2 Comments:
At February 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM,
Grace said…
I need to try these. Because I like cookies. And I need to make milk.
Perfect.
At March 4, 2010 at 8:19 AM,
Brendan and Sharon said…
oh, but must they be called "lactation" cookies? I can see my husband's face now as he picks up a cookie and I tell him what kind they are. "Oh, nevermind." he'll say and put it back with a smirk.
Post a Comment
<< Home